Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Laughing: Family Fun

Every time I pass the Sydney Monorail I think what a stupid structure it is. Especially when it's raining and it splashes greasy water onto my white shirt.

Apparently not everyone shares my disdain for the single track. The Pedersens from Niles, California have set up a monorail system in their own backyard complete with a station named Kitchen View.


Now when I was a kid, we used our backyard to play with the dog, shoot some hoops, or maybe set up a BMX track. And don't get me wrong - I truly believe the guy who said, "the family that plays together, stays together". But a grown woman riding a miniature monorail in the backyard (wearing that dress) is something that definitely should be kept in the privacy of one's own home.

Here "mommy" takes a spin:


In this pic, Jr. takes a ride while daddy soaks in the spa. As Mr Pedersen says himself, "this picture just screams 'only in America', doesn't it?" Indeed...

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Might build one for the kids on the weekend!
    EJ

    ReplyDelete